A unique curriculum, with proven results
- A rigorous liberal arts core fosters critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Cutting-edge programs in business and technology prepare students to innovate in their fields.
- Leadership seminars, community service projects and a rigorous honor code foster ethics.
- Real-world projects challenge students to create innovative, practical solutions to Africa’s needs.
Our graduates work for progress in Africa
- Over 90% of Ashesi graduates live and work in Africa.
- Our 1,059 graduates have a 100% placement rate; they manage projects across Africa, develop new technologies and impact lives.
- Graduates help grow local and international businesses, and start new enterprises. Many help NGOs serve more people and be more effective.
Transforming the lives of women and students from poor families
- Ashesi has given $13M in financial aid to students in need.
- 50% of students receive financial aid; 29% pay nothing at all for tuition, room & board or textbooks.
- 48% of students are women.
Fostering diversity and harmony
Our 864 students, from 21 African nations, have diverse economic, ethnic and religious backgrounds.
A leveraged, sustainable model
Since 2008, 100% of Ashesi’s operating expenses are funded by tuition, fees and other operating income, which totaled $5.25M for 2015. Donations help Ashesi grow, launch new programs and provide more scholarships to students in need. Our 2017 funding priorities are to continue expanding our facilities and strengthening our scholarship program. Ashesi is seeking partners to continue to expand our impact in Africa.
Broadening our impact
We plan to broaden our impact by growing to 1,000 students by 2020 and adding new programs, while maintaining our strong culture of ethics and critical thinking. Ashesi is seeking partners to continue to expand our impact in Africa.
Ashesi on PBS NewsHour