Please note that this position has been filled.
The Ashesi University Foundation works in partnership with Ashesi University in Ghana, a liberal arts institution striving to educate ethical, entrepreneurial leaders in Africa. The Seattle-based foundation amplifies the university’s impact by raising funds and building a global community of supporters who are dedicated to contributing to an African renaissance.
The Ashesi University Foundation is hiring a Director of Strategic Partnerships. The Director of Strategic Partnerships works with an international team of staff, trustees, and advocates to identify, cultivate, solicit and support foundation, government, and corporate partners.
This position will travel up to two weeks per quarter within the US with occasional international trips.
Job title: Director of Strategic Partnerships
Reports to: Vice President
Status: Exempt position with full benefits
Compensation: $67,000-$70,000 DOE
Preferred start date March 12, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with global team to implement a fundraising plan to annually raise $4m+
- Develop and manage activities to maintain strong relationships with current institutional partners
- Identify and cultivate new partnerships with foundations, government agencies, and corporations
- Write grant proposals and manage Ashesi grants
- Coordinate events and meetings for Ashesi representatives to meet with institutional partners and prospects
- Represent Ashesi at conferences and events
- Manage award nominations for campus leadership and faculty
- Manage an active and growing portfolio of Ashesi advocates
- Work as part of the foundation team on projects to develop, cultivate and engage the Ashesi community – pitching in wherever needed
- A deep commitment to Ashesi’s mission of educating ethical, innovative leaders in Africa
- Proven track record in grant writing and grant management, experience with government grants preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively and flexibly communicate in a wide variety of mediums and settings
- Experience with donor database programs, Salesforce preferred
- Interest in traveling up to two weeks per quarter
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience
Share this story