Ashesi’s growing impact
Ashesi impacts Africa in two ways:
- Our graduates successfully create progress across the continent
- Ashesi, as an African institution, is a new model for African educational and civil institutions
Today, Ashesi graduates are fulfilling a lifelong commitment to create progress on their home continent. Imagine the impact their growing numbers will have over the next decade.
Ashesi’s impact by the numbers
- 865 students
After welcoming the Class of 2021 this fall, Ashesi’s student body is now larger than ever.
- 47% of students receive financial aid
Nearly half of Ashesi students receive scholarships. 29% pay nothing for room, board, and tuition.
- 48% of students are women
African women are underrepresented in higher education. At Ashesi, we are committed to gender equity.
- 20+ African countries represented:
Ashesi is a Pan-African community. Students come from over nations to learn, live, and innovate.
- 1,200 graduates
Since opening in 2002, Ashesi has produced over one thousand graduates who are fulfilling a lifelong commitment to create progress on their home continent.
- 95% of grads find quality placement
Every year, over 95% of Ashesi graduates are placed in jobs or graduate programs, or start their own businesses, within three months of graduation.
- 90% of graduates live and work in Africa
The vast majority of alums are working in Africa. Most remaining alumni are pursuing graduate degrees in the US and Europe and plan to return to Africa.
- 2,000 graduates in the next decade: Ashesi’s student enrollment grows every year. In the next decade, 2,000 additional students will complete the Ashesi education.