Ashesi's Growing Impact
Ashesi impacts Africa in two ways:
- Our graduates successfully create progress across the continent
- Ashesi, as an African institution, is a new model for African educational and civil institutions
Today, Ashesi graduates are fulfilling a lifelong commitment to create progress on their home continent. Imagine the impact their growing numbers will have over the next decade.
Ashesi’s impact by the numbers
- 1,000 students
After welcoming the Class of 2022 this fall, Ashesi’s student body is now larger than ever.
- 45% of students receive financial aid
Nearly half of Ashesi students receive scholarships. 28% receive full support for room, board, and tuition.
- 47% of students are women
African women are underrepresented in higher education. At Ashesi, we are committed to gender equity.
- 15 African countries represented
Ashesi is a Pan-African community. 17% of our students come from outside of Ghana to learn, live, and innovate.
- 1,200 graduates
Since opening in 2002, Ashesi has produced over one thousand graduates who are fulfilling a lifelong commitment to create progress on their home continent.
- Nearly 100% of grads find quality placement
Every year, nearly 100% of Ashesi graduates are placed in jobs or graduate programs, or start their own businesses, within six months of graduation.
- 90% of graduates live and work in Africa
The vast majority of alums are working in Africa. Most remaining alumni are pursuing graduate degrees in the US and Europe and plan to return to Africa.