Educating a New Generation of Leaders
A unique curriculum with proven results
- A rigorous liberal arts core fosters critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Cutting-edge programs in business and technology prepare students to innovate in their fields.
- Leadership seminars, community service projects and a rigorous honor code foster ethics.
- Real-world projects challenge students to create innovative, practical solutions to Africa's needs.
Our graduates work for progress in Africa
- Over 90% of Ashesi graduates live and work in Africa.
- The collective Ashesi curriculum and experience results in 100% of alumni finding placement in careers, starting graduate school, or launching businesses within one year of graduation.
- Graduates help grow local and international businesses, and start new enterprises. Many help NGOs serve more people and be more effective.
Transforming the lives of women and students from poor families
- 43% of students receive financial aid.
- 25% of students come from extremely low income homes or are first-generation university students and are supported by full scholarships funded by the university and other committed partners.
- 48% of students are women.
Fostering diversity and harmony
Our 1,174 students from 24 African nations come from diverse economic, ethnic, and religious backgrounds.
A leveraged, sustainable model
Since 2008, 100% of Ashesi's operating expenses are funded by tuition, fees and other operating income. Donations help Ashesi grow, launch new programs and provide more scholarships to students in need. Ashesi is seeking partners to continue to expand our impact in Africa.