Apply to join the Ashesi University Foundation team.
Job title: Administrative Associate
Reports to: Vice President, US
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time position with benefits
Compensation: $45,000 – $53,000
Start date: September 2022
Requirements: US residency and work authorization.
Position Summary: Ashesi University Foundation works in partnership with Ashesi University, a liberal arts institution in Ghana striving to educate a new generation of ethical, entrepreneurial African leaders. The Seattle-based foundation works to amplify the university’s impact by raising funds and building a global community to support Ashesi’s mission.
The Administrative Associate is a key role on Ashesi’s global advancement team and supports the day-to-day operations of Ashesi University Foundation. This role is an excellent opportunity to explore the behind-the-scenes work of a small but fast-growing nonprofit organization and gain valuable professional development for a career in mission-driven work. The Administrative Associate will add critical capacity to Ashesi’s team by handling administrative tasks, including gift and expense processing, scheduling, and database entry, that keep the Foundation running smoothly on a day-to-day basis. They will work closely with a diverse team spread between Ghana and the US to plan events, steward donors, and support special projects as needed. The ideal candidate will be self-directed, detail-oriented, and share an affinity for Ashesi’s mission.
Ashesi University Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment in which all team members can excel irrespective of race, national origin, age, gender, faith, or sexual orientation. A positive work environment, flexible hours, and an organizational value of work-life balance underscore our interest in attracting outstanding candidates. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits (health, dental, and vision insurance, and 401k with employer match). Candidates in Seattle and able to work occasionally in Ashesi’s office are preferred, but a fully remote hire will be considered for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and acknowledge all donations to Ashesi University Foundation
- Compile and process reimbursements, expense reports, and check requests
- Monitor and respond to general email and phone inquiries, and triage to other staff members as needed
- Coordinate international and domestic travel for Ashesi staff
- Maintain effective communication between members of Ashesi’s global advancement team by scheduling and running regular team meetings
- Manage complex calendars and schedule meetings and events for Ashesi’s advancement team, board, and other stakeholders
- Manage logistics for in-person and remote Ashesi events, including purchasing supplies or catering, setting up facilities, managing RSVPs, coordinating with venue and/or hosts, and running virtual conference software
- Support the planning and preparations for Ashesi’s annual trip to Ghana
- Conduct research and analysis for special projects as directed, and support the cleanup and maintenance of Ashesi’s Salesforce donor database
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President and other staff members in support of the overall goals of the team
- Work as part of the foundation team on projects to develop, cultivate and engage the Ashesi community – pitching in wherever needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to identify and complete work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Experience with donor database systems (e.g. Salesforce) and experience with travel/event planning is an asset
- Experience managing administrative systems for nonprofit organizations is an asset
- US work authorization is required
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
4-year degree, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Share this story