Job title: Intern
Reports to: Vice President, US
Status: N; Part-time position
Compensation: $17/hour; 10-20 hours per week (weekly commitment negotiable)
Start date: January-February 2019
End date: 12-week commitment with potential to extend.
Position Summary: Ashesi University Foundation in Seattle is dedicated to building a global community of support for Ashesi University, an African-initiated non-profit university in Ghana. Our mission is to educate a new generation of ethical, entrepreneurial leaders in Africa.
The Intern position provides general administrative and logistical support to the Foundation team as well as executing strategic research and analysis in support of Ashesi’s current priorities. An ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, an interest in developing a wide range of useful skills in the philanthropy sector and be comfortable working independently towards agreed-upon objectives.
An internship with the Ashesi University Foundation provides insight into the operations and management of a twenty-year-old Foundation that has raised over $80m to date in support of Ashesi’s mission. During the internship, the participant will be offered exposure to board governance, financial oversight and the international communications structures that drive an award-winning global social enterprise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple inboxes, responding to inquiries and filtering messages as appropriate.
- Act as a key part of the planning team for Ashesi’s quarterly board meeting, including coordinating logistics, communicating with trustees, and executing event follow-up
- Monitor industry newsletters and conduct independent research to develop a robust calendar of conference and event participation that supports Ashesi’s strategic priorities (potential domestic travel for board meeting participation)
- Assist with management and cleanup of Ashesi’s Salesforce database
- Conduct research and analysis for special projects
- Work as part of the foundation team on projects to develop, cultivate and engage the Ashesi community – pitching in wherever needed
- Current undergraduate, recent graduate or graduate student working
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to identify and complete work independently
- Experience with travel and event/meeting planning coordination
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce or other donor database programs a plus
- Experience representing an organization to a variety of stakeholders
- Non-profit experience desired
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Camille Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this story